Findings from our December 2017 Evaluation Report (Patternmakers) based on results from over 1,200 past participants, parents and supporters demonstrates that the impact of ATYP’s drama programs and safe, nurturing environment on the emotional and mental health and well-being of young people is higher than we had realised:
- 94% identified a positive impact on their overall wellbeing
- 88% identified improved ability to work in a team
- 80% identified an improvement to interpersonal skills
- 73% articulated that activites enabled them to tell their story
- 71% identified increased resilience in coping with challenges
- 52% identified improved anxiety levels
- Our results show that respect for young people, the right learning environment, and our quality theatre programs have helped many people to thrive, because when young people feel accepted for who they are and gain confidence in using their voice, they become better citizens.
By supporting ATYP’s core activities, you will not only help the company to allocate funds where they are most needed, but also ensures that we can continue delivering drama programs that are proven to impact positively on well-being, resilience, interpersonal skills and communication skills in young Australians.