As our country continues to close doors during the COVID-19 crisis, ATYP is opening digital doors so you can stay involved in our workshops, to make sure the world we inhabit remains creative, imaginative and big.
ATYP will continue to provide top-quality drama programs, giving young people a creative outlet during this challenging time. Young participants will have a place to meet each week to build new skills, interact, move, talk, create, rehearse and share work.
From the beginning of Term 2, our weekly workshops will move online! A selection of our regular programs will be facilitated live each week via Zoom and Google Classroom. Participants will work with a skilled ATYP tutor and classmates in an interactive online space from the safety of their homes.
We want to ensure our community feels supported across this time. We have created a space where young people can continue their favourite extracurricular activity, developing their drama and theatre-making skills and connecting with their peers – a space where parents and carers can feel confident that their children are receiving a fun, dynamic experience from ATYP, Australia’s national theatre company.
What does an ATYP online drama course involve?
- A fun warm-up lead by your ATYP tutor
- Drama games
- Drama exercises in voice, movement, improvisation, play building, scene work, and script analysis
- Storytelling exercises
- Writing and performing monologues and scenes
- Interacting with classmates through doing scene work (this will be through using Zoom as an online platform to communicate and connect with your tutor and fellow classmates)
- A dedicated Google Classroom for each class where students can access work and the Zoom links for classes
Got any questions about ATYP Online workshops? View our FAQ page.
To learn more about workshops please email our Workshops team – firstname.lastname@example.org
ATYP are proud to be able to offer 10% of all our workshop places as scholarships thanks to the support of the St George Foundation and community partners the Girls and Boys Brigade. For more information on our scholarship availability and application process please visit contact our Workshops team via email email@example.com or call 02 9270 2400. To learn how you can support the program check out the scholarships Funding page.