ATYP challenges writers to tell stories that capture the interests and imaginations of modern Australian young people. This is the kernel with which we create brave new productions that set higher benchmarks for youth theatre globally.
Through our productions program each year, ATYP aims to:
- build a canon of scripted work that is performed by schools and youth theatres around the country for years to come;
- generate productions with the capacity to be realised on main stages nationally and internationally;
- generate production opportunities that support professional artists and young people taking bold creative risks.
- create work that explores the experiences of young Australia that is inspiring, bold and groundbreaking
ATYP comes from a position of strength with a solid performance track record, strong industry relationships and an expanding profile to deliver these aims. The proof is in our 2018 Season line-up, which brings together exceptional talent from Australian writers, brought to life by outstanding creative teams. We also have three shows performing outside Sydney including at the Commonwealth Games.
In 2017 ATYP its first Helpmann Award for our 2016 regional tour of Sugarland. Each year awards, nominations and reviews that we received for our work demonstrate the consistently high quality we aim to achieve.
Delivering productions however come at a significant cost. ATYP works hard to acquire government or corporate funding, but funding for the development of new productions is highly competitive, even more so with planned cuts to Australia Council funding.
Giving to support ATYP Productions will demonstrate your commitment to excellence in the performing arts and you’ll be supporting the productions that launch the next generation of Australia’s professional artists.
Suggested donation amounts:
- $500 – Assists with the purchase of costumes or set equipment
- $1,000 – Hire or repair of lighting/sound equipment
- $2,500 – Purchase of sets and props
- $10,000- Cost of commissioning a new play