COVID-19 Health and Safety Information
Updated April 2022
Here’s how ATYP is supporting your health and safety and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic during face-to-face classes.
- Reduced the number of attendees in classes where necessary to ensure social distancing requirements are met.
- Limited the presence of staff, students and visitors before, during and after classes.
- Supported our staff to ensure best hygiene and safety practice are always adhered to.
- Transitioned to digital resources where possible, including course outlines. Hard copies of class resources will be available where necessary or to support inclusion and access.
- Developed best practice guidelines for in-class activity – maintaining the socially distanced drama class.
At all external venues where ATYP operates classes we have:
- Liaised with the venue to ensure they comply with government guidelines around COVID-19 safety and are able to support ATYP best practice standards.
- Provided hand sanitiser and appropriate cleaning products in classrooms.
- Complied with class sizes in regards to spaces.
Our teaching and management staff will:
- All be fully vaccinated against Covid 19 or have a genuine medical exemption.
- Adhere to NSW Government regulations regarding testing and isolation if identified as a positive Covid case or close contact of a confirmed Covid case.
- Ensure all students are properly briefed on social distancing and hygiene expectations. They will also actively monitor and enforce these in all sessions.
- Actively manage the number of people present in class rooms and common areas at all times.
- Take your concerns about breach of best practice and safety seriously.
We expect students to keep each other and the wider community safe by following the practices outlined below:
- Please DO NOT attend a class if you are feeling unwell and experiencing any COVID 19 symptoms, however mild. If so, please get a COVID-19 test and remain at home until you receive your results. It is important that you notify ATYP if you test positive for COVID-19.
- All students must adhere to NSW Government regulations regarding testing and isolation if identified as a positive Covid case or close contact of a confirmed Covid case.
- Take care on public transport and avoid using during peak times if possible. In the event that you use public transport, please ensure that you observe social distancing, wear a mask and wash your hands thoroughly ASAP after travelling.
- Maintain good hygiene practices at all times – regular washing/sanitising of hands, cover coughs and sneezes and restrain from physical contact or handshakes.
- Ensure physical distancing – maintain a distance of at least 1.5 metres between yourself and other people at all times.
- Limit the people present at class start and finish. We ask that only ONE carer accompanies children at drop off and pick up. Please leave the premises as soon as your child’s class commences. Only class participants and ATYP staff will be allowed to enter the classroom spaces.
- Limit movement before and after class – do not linger in the building before or after class. Maintain social distancing during break times, especially when exiting and entering rooms and do not congregate at doorways or in corridors.
- Food – we recommend that you bring your own packed food and drink. Please do not share food, drink bottles or utensils with others.
If you have a concern about ATYP’s COVID-19 safe practices, witness a breach of this code of conduct or need to report a case or close contact with a person infected with COVID-19, please contact us at [email protected] or (02) 9270 2400.