ATYP COVID-19 Health and Safety Information for In-School activities.
ATYP is a registered COVID Safe business and our procedures and policies align with current government advice. We take our duty of care to young people extremely seriously and will always to our utmost to keep them safe.
Here’s how ATYP is supporting your health and safety and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- ATYP has a COVID-Safe policy for all our employees that aligns with current government advice, and all ATYP Teaching Artists and staff will be briefed on this before entering a school;
- All ATYP Teaching Artists participating in ATYP Learning programs are fully-vaccinated;
- ATYP Teaching Artists and staff will be supported to ensure the best hygiene and safety practices
- ATYP Teaching Artists and staff will practise mandatory social distancing as far as it is practicable from teachers, students and other members of the school community;
- Where applicable ATYP’s programs will be contactless between our Teaching Artists and staff, and students and teachers;
- We will not visit the school if any of our Teaching Artists or staff are feeling unwell, or awaiting a COVID-19 test result.
What we ask of you and your school:
- Please provide us with any specific COVID-19 school policies and procedures you may have at least one week in advance of our arrival;
- Please ensure that the venue is size appropriate and allows for the minimum distancing requirements between ATYP Teaching Artists, staff and students;
- On arrival, inform our Teaching Artists or staff of the location of hand washing facilities; and
- Ensure that students stay a safe distance in the workshop space in relation to the Teaching Artists.
- ATYP Teaching Artists and staff will maintain 1.5m distance and no physical contact throughout the workshops;
- For Education Workshops, we ask that at least one teacher is in the room to assist with organising students physically in the space;
- We also ask schools to ensure the workshop takes place in an area spacious enough to allow for appropriate social distancing between students and Teaching Artists;
- Teaching Artists will be encouraged to wear a mask on arrival and at sign-in to the school until the schools COVID-19 policies and procedures are made clear.
If you have a concern about ATYP’s COVID-19 safe practices, witness a breach of this code of conduct, or need to report a case or close contact with a person infected with COVID-19, please contact us at [email protected] or (02) 9270 2400.
Thank you for your assistance in ensuring our visit is a safe and enjoyable experience.