Drama is on! (no, not the election kind)
As the end of the year gets closer and closer, it’s poignant to reflect upon a strange and challenging year. Under the original plan we would have finished the last production for 2020 and be gearing up for the ensemble performance weekend, but as we all know our plans were laid to waste early this year and while there hasn’t been a show to put on, it has produced the opportunity to sort out all of the collateral the production department has (props, costumes, tools, sets etc.) Our theatre store is now totally sorted and ready for the 2021 season of shows – which we’ll be telling you all about in the next few weeks!
Our biggest school holiday workshop program – taking place in January – is on sale now. We have returning favourites such as comedy, Myths and Legends, mystery, and stage vs screen. The always sold-out National Summer Drama Camp is back for participants in years 10-12 so you want to book before places are gone. All January school holiday classes can be booked on our website.
Whilst other things appear to be winding down for the year, there is a fair amount of work being done behind the scenes that will enhance ATYP and offer opportunities for participants. As these works continue we will keep you updated.
We have also joined the Bump Out Sydney initiative whereby used theatre sets, costumes, props and paraphernalia find a new home in other productions and with other companies. This wonderful organisation will benefit not only established theatre organisations but help smaller, independent groups put on performances and helps items avoid the rubbish bin.
As a sign off I will leave you with my top five podcasts, because I can!
- Desert Island Discs: A well-known guest chooses 8 songs, a book & a luxury item to be stranded on a desert island with
- Strong Songs: Each episode is a musical breakdown of a popular song
- Conan O’Brien Needs A Friend: Comedy genius interviews celebs and well-known figures
- Conversations: Comprehensive discussion between 2 people on an event or person’s life
- BBC History Extra Podcast: An in-depth exploration of specific moments in history