Position Description – Marketing Coordinator (p/t – 3 days/week)
We’re looking for someone who loves arts marketing and is data-driven. You are passionate about collaborating and creating excellent content that effectively communicates a story that engages your audience. You know who that audience is and are driven to increase their numbers. You LOVE social media. You are curious and energetic. You might have some experience but are only looking for a part-time role or you might be an emerging marketer who wants to learn more in a vibrant and fast-paced performing arts organisation. Either way, we can’t wait to meet you.
The Marketing Coordinator is a key team member in the small but very busy Marketing/Publicity department. The main responsibility of the role is to assist efforts to increase audience and community engagement with ATYP and participation across the company’s programs including Productions, Workshops, Learning and Writing.
Key Internal Relationships
The Marketing Coordinator position takes direction from and reports to the Marketing Manager.
Key External Relationships
The Marketing Coordinator is required to create and maintain effective working relationships with:
- Suppliers of services to the Marketing Department
- Arts organisations and other key partners
- Young people involved in ATYP programs
Skills & Experience
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and copywriting.
- A passion for and experience in social media and digital marketing.
- A versatile writer who can create content across our various channels to multiple audiences.
- Strong visual aesthetic and an understanding of brand guidelines.
- The ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a multifaceted campaign environment.
- Experience in event/project management.
- Photo editing skills (Adobe CC desirable)
- Video iMovie or Final Cut Pro skills (desirable)
- Mail Chimp experience (desirable)
- Ability to work autonomously within a small team
- Working with Children clearance
- Current drivers license
- Experience working within an arts marketing environment desirable but not essential
- An interest in young people and their positive interaction with the arts.
- An open, collaborative and can-do work ethic.
- Good knowledge of arts marketing and understanding of multi-faceted marketing mix and distribution channels.
- Knowledge of social media and the wider online community.
- Understanding of and passion for the performing arts and entertainment industry.
- Due to the nature of the position, there are some after hours work required.
Under the supervision of the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Coordinator will:
- Plan, manage and provide detailed reporting on ATYP’s presence across all social media channels, EDM’s and digital channels.
- Plan and produce 12 monthly e-Newsletters.
- Produce project-specific EDM communications as required for the ATYP production season, holiday and weekly workshops, fundraising events and other various events as instructed.
- Maintain all marketing related databases.
- Create engaging and relevant content for all projects in collaboration with the Marketing team in consultation with other ATYP department managers.
- Communicate regularly with performing arts organisations and other relevant companies for reciprocal marketing arrangements for inclusion in EDM’s and across social media.
- Provide production planning and ongoing support for specific annual projects including but limited to photo/video shoots for the annual Season Brochure and Annual Appeal and the production of collateral associated with these activities.
- Provide event coordination for all ATYP events including but not limited to: performance opening nights, the annual season launch, fundraisers and other events. Tasks include preparation of invitation lists, distribution of invitations, RSVP management, and coordination of event setup, catering, and staff/volunteers.
- Organise the printing and distribution of all printed marketing materials including postcards, posters and production programs.
- Undertake other reasonable duties as instructed.
$52,000 pa Pro Rata (3 days/wk)
Please send your CV and a cover letter (2 pages max.) addressing your suitability for the job based on the criteria to ATYP General Manager, Amanda Wright – [email protected] by COB Monday 14 January 2019.
ATYP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.