Position Vacant: Marketing and Communications Manager
We are looking for a professional, creative and energetic person to join us in the role of Marketing and Communications Manager as ATYP begins an exciting new chapter in its almost 60-year history. Alongside a busy year of productions and programs in 2021, ATYP will be preparing to move into its brand new home in the Walsh Bay Arts Precinct in late 2021.
Name of Position: Marketing and Communications Manager
Reports To: Artistic Director (CEO) and General Manager
- Oversee the planning and delivery of all aspects of the marketing, publicity and promotion of ATYP
- Oversee the development and implementation of an ATYP rebrand to coincide with the launch of the new venue on Pier 2/3
- Develop, implement and maintain an ATYP Marketing and Publicity Plan
- Establish ATYP’s mainstage season and in-house programs as a destination venue for theatre with young people nationally
- Build the reputation and recognition of ATYP Education programs, with a focus on On Demand and On Demand Plus, in every primary and secondary school in Australia
KEY INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
The Marketing Manager is required to establish and maintain good communication and effective working relationships with ATYP staff, Board and management. They oversee the work of the Marketing Coordinater and Graphic Designer and will be responsible for recruiting and managing a Publicist.
KEY EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
The Marketing and Publicity Manager is required to maintain effective working relationships with:
- Key marketing suppliers and partners including publicity and advertising agencies, printers, web developers, designers, artists, illustrators, distribution companies, mailing houses, photographers and the media.
- Artistic, production and venue staff.
- Arts companies, industry lobby, membership groups and other key partnering organisations
- Young people involved in ATYP
Marketing and Promotion
- Develop, oversee and deliver a comprehensive Marketing Plan including targets, strategies, volume, timetables, review dates and reporting systems across the whole of the company’s activities.
- Develop, monitor and consistently deliver ATYP’s annual marketing activities, online, advertising, promotion and brand; including managing and coordinating the delivery of the design, print and distribution of all marketing materials in accordance with set annual timetables.
- Attend and participate in opening nights, media launches and other marketing/publicity events and generally act as an ambassador for
- In July 2021 the Marketing Manager will work with the General Manager and Artistic Director to recruit a full-time publicist to:
- support the launch of the 2022 season and venue on Pier 2/3;
- Prepare and implement a publicity strategy for a mainstage subscription season, the On Demand and On Demand Plus online programs and other key ATYP activities;
- Liaise with external marketing and PR agencies as required;
- Organise media, stakeholders and politicians to attend opening nights for all ATYP productions and co-productions; and
- Organise media briefings launching ATYP’s major initiaitves (ie. the mainstage season).
- Oversee the writing, updating and editing of copy; and source images for all marketing collateral across the company including media releases/press kits, advertising, programs, posters/flyers, newsletters/E-newsletters, other external forums where information about ATYP may appear.
- Ensure corporate marketing collateral and communications, including the ATYP website are consistently and accurately delivered, maintained and kept current.
- Develop and oversee ATYP’s digital presence in collaboration with the Management team.
- Ensure stocks of relevant ATYP promotional and corporate materials are maintained.
- Oversee the Marketing Coordinator in maintaining ATYP’s presence and good-standing on social media.
- Oversee the maintainence of ATYP’s website and social media channels.
- Manage the development and maintenance of ATYP’s On Demand and On Demand Plus platforms in collaboration with web developer Studio Jack.
Research, Development and Planning
- Effectively schedule key annual deadlines, assist the General Manager in annual budgeting of marketing activities, ensure the timely briefing of key suppliers and source quotes within allocated budgets.
- Ensure consistent collection of marketing data and feedback across all ATYP
- Remain abreast of trends in marketing and publicity and identify new opportunities for ATYP.
- In consultation with the Artistic Director and General Manager, regularly review ATYP’s profile, programs, events, products and initiatives from a marketing perspective and provide advice for their development.
Documentation and Evaluation
- Manage and oversee the documentation of all ATYP productions, workshops and events for archive and promotional purposes.
- Organise the regular and rigorous evaluation of marketing strategies and activities across the company and develop mechanisms to effectively collect quantitative and qualitative information on the effectiveness of all marketing, advertising and promotional activities.
- Assist in reporting to funding bodies, sponsors and other stakeholders as requested.
- Oversee the maintenance of the marketing and patron database, including training of staff.
- Manage and coordinate opening nights, media launches and other marketing/publicity events – including collation of invitation lists, distribution of invitations and receipt of RSVPs.
- Manage marketing expenditure within budget parameters as set by the General Manager and Finance Manager.
- Ensure multiple copies of marketing materials are lodged with ATYP archives and are kept for use in acquittals, reports and proposals to key stakeholders.
- Provide regular reports to Management and the Board as requested.
- Attend staff meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Ensure compliance with ATYP’s WH&S policy at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by the Artistic Director or General Manager.
- A creative thinker with a minimum of four years’ experience in a senior marketing role
- Demonstrated experience in development and management of strategic marketing plans in line with company goals
- Demonstrated experience in the coordination, management and delivery of print and electronic marketing collateral
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing effective communications strategies for social media
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing publicity campaigns
- Excellent administration and project management skills including the ability to work under pressure and effectively prioritise differing work demands to meet competing deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write and edit marketing and publicity copy
- Excellent computer skills including a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google docs and experience in working with databases
- Experience in working with publishing software
- Experience creating video content
- Experience in the brand (re)design process
- Knowledge of the arts industry on a national and international level
- Current driver’s licence
Applications close at 5pm, Monday 4 January 2021
Please submit your application to [email protected]
For More Information please contact ATYP General Manager Johanna Mulholland – 02 9270 2404 or [email protected]