APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Name of Position:
General Manager (works in consultation with the Board and Artistic Director/CEO)
The Development Manager is responsible for identifying and managing sponsorship, philanthropy, fundraising and partnership opportunities aligned to ATYP’s purpose and values. The position works closely with the Artistic Director, General Manager, Board and Staff to ensure Fundraising is integrated into company culture and programming.
- In consultation with the General Manager and Finance Manager, to set and meet Fundraising targets.
- To create, develop and maintain a strong Development Plan across all Fundraising programs.
- To investigate and initiate new fundraising initiatives.
- To devise and implement processes to increase engagement with private donors.
- To plan, manage, evaluate and report on fundraising campaigns and events.
- To oversee research into Trusts and Foundations, including the submission of applications and acquittals, within prescribed deadlines.
- To monitor income and expenditure relating to Fundraising.
- To remain abreast of trends in Australian philanthropy and benchmark how ATYP is tracking with philanthropy and stakeholder engagement.
- Provide recommendations to ATYP Management and Board to ensure the company is implementing best practice processes.
- To remain abreast of all legal requirements for maintaining ATYP’s DGR1 status
Key Internal Relationships
The Development Manager is required to establish and maintain good communication and effective working relationships with ATYP staff, Board and management. They are also required to oversee the work of the Development Coordinator.
Key External Relationships
The Development Manager is required to maintain effective working relationships with:
- Corporate sponsors, philanthropic Trusts and Foundations, partner charities and current and potential individual donors.
- Government funding agencies.
- Contractor and suppliers for fundraising activities and events, as needed.
- Peers in arts companies, industry lobbies, membership groups and other key partnering organisations.
- ATYP Board Directors and staff.
- Young people involved in ATYP programs.
- Develop and maintain a Development Plan including targets, strategies, timetables, review dates and reporting systems.
- Implement the Development Plan successfully to meet agreed annual fundraising targets.
- Develop mechanisms to collect information on the effectiveness of all development activities.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the Development Plan on a regular basis with the General Manager and modify and revisit the Plan as necessary.
- Ensure evaluation information (including empirical evidence and benchmarking with external organisations) is fed into future planning.
Research and Reporting
- Research Trusts and Foundations and manage the subsequent applications, relationship and reporting requirements.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate and acquire individual donor gifts, bequests, donations of goods and services and other one-off gratuities.
- Research new development contacts, develop networking opportunities, liaise with Board members for potential contacts and follow-up.
- Monitor income and expenditure for these activities and operate within agreed budgets at all times.
- Prepare and present regular progress reports on the status of fundraising and development campaigns as required – to both Management and the Board.
- Assist the Artistic Director and General Manager with annual planning and budgeting of development activities; and acquittals for government, philanthropic and other stakeholders as requested.
- Identify new opportunities for private giving through workplace giving and gift-matching programs.
Development Acquisition and Stewardship
- Manage and service all existing financial and Value In Kind supporters, including the efficient and timely provision of agreed reports, receipts and benefits to supporters/stakeholders and the facilitation of agreement renewals.
- Initiate proposals for maintenance and improvements in donor, philanthropic and sponsor servicing.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to ensure all marketing communications effectively profile ATYP’s, sponsors, partners and supporters.
- Maintain the integrity of ATYP’s DGR status by ensuring the company meets the legal and financial requirements.
- Develop and Implement a stewardship program in line with ATYP’s Stewardship Matrix to ensure donor and supporter retention
- Design, develop and implement a moves management program to upgrade existing donors and increase their level of support over the medium to long term.
- Plan and manage, with support from the Development Coordinator, fundraising campaigns and events.
- In consultation with the ATYP Board and Management, develop and implement the Capital Campaign strategy to reach Campaign target before project deadline.
- Together with the Marketing Manager, ensure maximum public exposure for the activities within this section.
- Support the Chair of the Fundraising & Philanthropy Committee to ensure regular committee meetings are conducted and meet prescribed outcomes
- Provide support to the ATYP Parents’ Committee to set fundraising targets, identify and appoint new parents and report feedback and recommendations to Management and the ATYP Fundraising and Philanthropy Committee
- Actively participate as a member of the Management team ensuring that the Business Plan and other strategic plans are implemented and regularly updated.
- Attend staff meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Attend and participate in public events as required and generally act as an ambassador for ATYP.
- Manage volunteers, interns and non-paid workers assisting in the delivery of fundraising activity.
- Ensure compliance with ATYP’s WH&S policy at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by the Artistic Director or General Manager.
- Demonstrated development experience including a high level of knowledge of fundraising processes and the management of fundraising campaigns.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet strict timelines and the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people of all ages.
- Experience successfully requesting money and/or services.
- A high level of self-motivation and leadership skills for guiding, training and developing a small team.
- CRM experience in driving donor loyalty and building and tracking patronage.
- Experience in a Not-For-Profit or youth arts environment
- Knowledge of the arts industry on a national and international level
- Experience in sales, advocacy and/or public speaking
ATYP is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for the position of Development Manager please submit your CV and a cover letter no more than two pages outlining your suitability for the role and addressing the essential criteria to [email protected] by COB Monday 5 November 2018.
For more information please contact ATYP Artistic Director Fraser Corfield – 02 9270 2405 or [email protected]