POSITION VACANT: DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
A rare opportunity has become available to join the national youth theatre company, Australian Theatre For Young People in the position of Development Coordinator. Working closely with the Development Manager this role is integral to the management and increase of individual giving, support from Trusts and Foundations, corporate partnerships, fundraising events, and relationship management. We encourage interested applicants to join the ATYP team during a transformational time in the company as we prepare to move into a brand new venue on Pier 2/3 in the Walsh Bay Arts Precinct.
Name of Position: Development Coordinator
Reports To: Development Manager
Salary: $48,000-$52,000 depending on experience
Applications Due: Sunday, 1 December 2019 by 11.59pm
Application Details at the bottom of the page.
Position Summary This position is responsible for assisting the Development Manager to coordinate and increase individual giving, support from Trusts and Foundations, corporate partnerships, fundraising events, and relationship management.
Key objectives include:
- To support the Development Manager in the creation and delivery of the Development Plan across all target segments
- To plan and manage fundraising campaigns and associated events
- To communicate with and report on existing supporters as directed
- To engage in research into Trusts and Foundations and submit relevant applications within prescribed deadlines
- To prepare and present reports on campaigns.
Key Internal Relationships
The Development Coordinator is required to establish and maintain good communication and effective working relationships with ATYP staff and Board.
Key External Relationships
The Development Coordinator is required to maintain effective working relationships with:
- Corporate sponsors, philanthropic Trusts and Foundations and current and potential individual donors
- Government funding agencies
- Contractor and suppliers for fundraising activities and events, as needed
- Peers in arts companies, industry lobbies, membership groups, and other key partnering organisations
- Young people involved in ATYP programs.
- In consultation with Development Manager, plan and execute fundraising and stewardship events, within a given budget, including preparation and delivery of invitations and reminders, keeping records of RSVPs and planning and delivery of methods of follow up including event reports and any relevant correspondence with attendees
- In consultation with Development and Marketing managers, prepare content for and send 4-5 Philanthropy at ATYP, the development EDM each year
- Coordinate, schedule and attend Development Committee meetings including the preparation of agendas and meeting minutes
- Plan, draft and submit grant applications for funding of ATYP
- Liaise with all ATYP sponsors
- Assist in the delivery of the annual appeal including coordination of data capture, checking of collateral and follow up of appeal results and entering details into the database.
- Support the Development Manager in the execution of the Development Plan including meeting targets, implementing strategies, timetables, review dates, and reporting systems
- Develop mechanisms to collect information on the effectiveness of all development activities
- Ensure evaluation information is fed into future planning
- Coordinate fundraising campaigns and the events associated with these campaigns
- Attend staff meetings and other meetings as requested
- Attend and participate in public events as required and generally act as an ambassador for ATYP
- Manage volunteers, interns and non-paid workers assisting in the delivery of fundraising activity
- Ensure compliance with ATYP’s WH&S policy at all times
- Other duties as assigned.
Financial KPI’sThe Development Coordinator is responsible for:
- Annual $15,000 gross income via Trusts and Foundations.
- Annual $30,000 gross income via ATYP fundraising events
- Annual recruitment of 40 new donors giving over $250 each or totalling $10,000 in gifts
- Overall, this role is personally responsible for $55,000 of the overall annual ATYP development target.
The Development Coordinator is also responsible for supporting the Development Manager in:
- Achieving $10,000 Annual Appeal target*
- Achieving $140,000 in major gifts each year*
- Achieving $150,000 in Trusts and Foundation support each year*
- Achieving the overall annual target of approximately $450,000*
- Achieving a Capital Campaign target of $2.5mil by 2022*.
* (subject to change y.o.y)
- Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of diploma and work experience
- Planning and coordination of events
- Some fundraising experience
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing relationships in a business context.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Very good organisational and time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritise and meet deadlines
- Very good information management skills and analytical skills including the ability to capture, enter and retrieve data for reports and decision making
- The ability to work independently and within small teams
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in word processing and use of Excel
- Very good problem-solving skills
- Very good attention to detail.
- Well-motivated and outcomes-oriented
- Proactive and solutions focussed
- Interested in working with diverse people (age, background, culture, etc)
- Interest in the arts
- Working with Children Check clearance
- Familiarity with the arts sector
- Previous experience working in coordinating fundraising activities.
TO APPLY: Please email a CV and cover letter (no more than two pages) addressing the Personal Specifications
to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm on Sunday 1 December 2019.