An exciting opportunity for a career-starter has become available at the Australian Theatre for Young People. Sitting at the heart of the company you will support the teams administration needs and be the customer facing point of call for all enquiries and bookings.
The Australian Theatre for Young People is the national youth theatre company. We exist to connect young people with the professional theatre industry locally, regionally and nationally. It’s the principle on which the company was founded in 1963. It’s what drives us today.
Australian Theatre for Young People specialises in integrating professional theatre practice with supportive youth theatre process. We love working with all levels of the arts industry, from the most celebrated national companies to the smallest youth theatres. Our work supports young people from their first theatre experience to their first professional production.
To apply please send a CV (max 2 pages) and cover letter (max 1 page) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm (EST) on Monday February 6.
SALARY for this position is: $40,000 + Super.
NAME OF POSITION: WORKSHOP AND ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: WORKSHOP MANAGER & GENERAL MANAGER
- Support the Workshop Manager and ATYP staff with day to day administration and provide general project support across all programs as required.
- Act as a first point of contact for telephone and in-person enquiries, bookings and registrations and respond to those enquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure the smooth running and general maintenance of the office.
KEY INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
- The Administration Assistant is required to establish and maintain good communication and effective working relationships with ATYP staff, Board and management
KEY EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
The Administration Assistant is required to maintain effective working relationships with:
- ATYP Community, ticket buyers, parents of workshop participants and the general public.
- Young people involved in ATYP programs.
- Artistic, production and venue staff.
- Suppliers and service providers.
Administration and Office
- Provide administrative support to Management and staff as required - including assisting in the delivery of the practical elements of ATYP programs.
- Act as the first contact point for the company responding to and directing general inquiries in-person, on the phone, by email and fax.
- Update and maintain the company database, including regularly uploading new information from the ticketing system Ensure public office spaces are kept neat and presentable at all times.
- In consultation with the Finance Coordinator, ensure the smooth running and general maintenance and supply of the office, including developing administrative systems and procedures for maintenance of office equipment and ordering of office stationery and supplies.
- General administration duties as required including organising travel and courier bookings, taking meeting minutes, processing payments, processing mail.
Workshops & Learning
Assist with the administration of workshops (school, holiday, term, regional) including:
- Answering workshop enquiries and processing bookings.
- In liaison with the Workshop Manager and Learning Department, setting-up workshops in the online ticketing system and uploading workshop information to the ATYP website and databases.
- Ensuring the smooth and timely processing of workshop bookings, refunds and booking confirmations.
- Creating and updating workshop rolls.
- Collating and communicating late attendance and absenteeism of participants to Tutors and Workshop Manager.
- Filing indemnity forms associated with all activities within a week of the conclusion of the activity.
- Collate statistical data for further analysis by the Marketing and General Managers.
Productions and Auditions
- In liaison with the Marketing Manager, set-up productions in the online ticketing system and upload production information to the ATYP website.
- Answering general ticketing enquiries and processing ticket purchases, returns and exchanges by phone and in person.
- Support the Learning department with the processing of schools bookings and workshops.
- Develop and maintain audition spread sheets and enrolment forms specific to each production.
- Organising / scheduling auditions.
Front of House
- Assisting with Front of House duties for school matinees falling within regular working hours.
- Coordinate and process all complimentary ticket reconciliations.
- Support the Production Manager in the coordination of venue hire bookings in Studio 1 and 2 including the Preparation of venue hire contracts.
- Undertaking venue tours.
- Provide general support at special events (opening nights, forums, fundraising events and launches).
- Update and maintain the ATYP website.
- Assisting with coordination of audience surveys and collation of information received.
- Attending and participating in publicity events and generally acting as an ambassador for ATYP.
- Collection of all company data and general surveys.
- Attending staff meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Ensuring compliance with ATYP’s WH&S policy at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by the Artistic Director or General Manager.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise, time manage, multi-task, work under pressure and meet competing deadlines.
- Self-motivated with effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with people of all ages.
- Ability to work under limited supervision and take initiative as well as respond to direction and work as part of a team.
- High proficiency in word processing, database and Microsoft Office software (especially Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel).
- Experience and interest in the arts industry, particularly theatre.
- Experience in ticketing software package, database and website management.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Driver’s licence.